lunedì 15 aprile 2013

Trying to defy procrastination...



Today I had to study commercial mathematics, which have been my worst enemy for an year now.
I made up my mind to begin studying at 3:30 pm but as usual I ended up procrastinating until 5:30 pm, considered the extreme waste of time I decided then to optimize my study timing or rather check the phases of my study section in order to be able of optimizing my method for the future sections.
Damn procrastination!

To do that I used a spare paper to create my study chronology, a document in which I noted time by time the hour and the topic I was going to study or the breaks I was going to have,
In this way I made possible for me not only to be constantly  aware of my study timing but also to check my focus trending limiting at the minimum procrastination.
On the base of these notes I’m going to create a taylor made study schedule for the next times, for doing that it’s necessary to keep in mind that each study period has to last 45-50min at least and needs to be alternated with breaks of 15-20min, in order to rebuild focus skills I strongly recommend to do something different from reading during those breaks, for example listening to music or surfing the web.
In my case in order to optimize even more the performance of the following study period I had my mind concentrated on something that would give me contents inherent to what I was studying without damaging my focus skills furthermore, so I began to watch mathematics lectures on you tube while I was doing push-ups ;) .

Here is a copy of today’s study chronology:

5:30pm
Start studying Integrals
While listening to Instrumental Inspiration(8 tracks)
|
5:44pm
Start revising Integrals’ deck (flash cards)
|
6:07pm
Finish revising flash cards
Break
|
6:20pm
Diary update
Begin studying parted integrals
|
6.43pm
Start exercises
|
7:10pm
Brought dinner to my room
|
7:27-7:30pm
Writing down some notes for the blog
|
7:30-7:35pm
Toilet break
7:35-7:40pm
Writing down some more ideas on my diary
|
7:18pm
End parted Integrals & exercises
|
Workout break while wtching videos on you tube
|
8:37pm
Rational Integrals + Exercises.
|
8:57pm
End rational Integrals.

Ps. I know I haven’t respected so much the rule about the breaks, but I guess my concentration skills are trained enough to catch up with my rhythms.

--Hawke Isaacs

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento